BDCOM xPON ONU with 1x Gb LAN
BDCOM xPON ONU with 1x Gb LAN
This BDCOM ONU is a GPON subscriber with 1 Gigabit port, designed for multi-service networks. It features a 2.5Gbps downlink and an uplink of 1.25Gbps. It can achieve a 1:128 splitting ratio when connected with a BDCOM OLT, with a network coverage radius of 20km.
Miro offers BDCOM active and passive fibre network equipment in South Africa
Building your own Fibre-to-the-Home and Fibre-to-the-Business network has never been this cost-effective.
Who is BDCOM and what are their products used for?
BDCOM is a top-tier networking manufacturer that specialises in core networking and last-mile communication products. BDCOMs products include copper and fibre network switches, Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) and Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) solutions, routers and network security devices. BDCOM is world-renowned for offering best-of-breed IP networking products at a very affordable price point and pride themselves in having the lowest product failure rate amongst industry peers. BDCOM fibre network technology is widely used by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) across the globe and their sole focus is to keep their production costs down without compromising on product quality and reliability. BDCOM is a true disruptor in the fibre industry and is made readily available in Southern Africa by MiRO South Africa.
History of BDCOM
BDCOM was founded in 1994 and is now one of China’s greatest networking equipment manufacturers. After surviving the tumultuous dotcom burst, BDCOM was the first to release a commercialised router to the Chinese home market. A head start they would inevitably take advantage of and never lose. An advantage that would enable them to generate enough sales to warrant a 15% return on profit investment into research and development. BDCOM has always wanted to remain innovative and provide the markets they operated in with only the best products. To follow on from this commitment to excellence, BDCOM instituted a product assessment centre that evaluates product development as it goes through its lifecycle, offering critical feedback to perfect the product before its mass-market release.
In the early 2000s, BDCOM introduced their own operating system called BDROS. BDROS is now seen as the gold standard of networking operating systems.
Advantages of using BDCOM in South Africa
- For over 20 years BDCOM has been providing solutions and components to partners all over the world. They have bid against some of the largest ICT companies in the world and have prevailed.
- Since their inception, BDCOM has been offering diversified product lines. Apart from xPON, they have a full range of 10G fibre switches, 10/100 and gigabit PoE switches and of course, SOHO switches.
- BDCOM is one of the most cost-effective hardware manufacturers in the fibre space, allowing smaller service providers to build their own networks and compete with larger ISPs.
- At MiRO we believe that healthy SMB competition brings better products at better prices to end-users, and that is exactly what BDCOM brings to the market.
- BDCOM is proud to offer support in over 32 different service centres located around the world so that they can stay connected and close to their customers.
- Having a low RMA rate means their products are reliable. It’s a statement to declare that all new and current users of BDCOM are in good hands with their choice of hardware. Therefore, MiRO was able to, in partnership with BDCOM, introduce a lifetime warranty on all their fibre Optical Line Terminals (OLTs) and switches.
MiRO’s partnership with BDCOM
MiRO has been distributing BDCOM in Southern Africa since 2016. MiRO and BDCOM has been able to empower ISPs to pursue commercial activities in fibre deployments and has even helped shape the largest providers into having hybrid solutions - ISPs that offer both fixed-line fibre as well as wireless connectivity. After achieving massive success in the fibre market MiRO introduced BDCOM switches which enabled MiRO to enter the security and telephony market with increased enthusiasm. BDCOMs’s range of PoE switches offers providers flexibility, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. These PoE switches are ideal for any installations that require powering of IP cameras, VoIP phones and wireless access points. BDCOM products can be used in all areas of the telecommunications industry.