Top 5 reasons why you need to upgrade to a MESH Wi-Fi solution.
At some point, we all have experienced spotty internet connectivity inside our own homes leading to countless router restarts and frustration. What if there is a way that you can blanket your home with Wi-Fi without breaking the bank?
The solution is as simple as upgrading to a MESH Wi-Fi solution and here are some of our top reasons why you should do this sooner, rather than later:
- Blanket Coverage: By adding MESH Wi-Fi access points inside your home, you are creating a blanket Wi-Fi coverage to the entire home, reducing and even eliminating those dreaded Wi-Fi dead spots. You can reliably connect from virtually any corner of your home to the Internet.
- Simpler Connectivity: Previous Wi-Fi extenders had the ability to increase the coverage area of your Wi-Fi, but it broadcasted a different SSID or Wi-Fi name and essentially created a separate Wi-Fi network. As you move between your main Wi-Fi and the repeater, you will have to manually switch between the two devices, or in some cases, the disconnect and reconnect of your mobile device between the Wi-Fi SSIDs can lead to even more frustration. MESH Wi-Fi works on the principle that it is all one Wi-Fi network, and each access point announces the same SSID. As your mobile device moves between the access points, your device will automatically roam between the Wi-Fi nodes, making dropped calls and unpredictable mobile web browsing a thing of the past.
- Increased performance: Users normally not only experience better Wi-Fi coverage but increased performance. As you are sending and transmitting data using electromagnetic waves, the weaker the signal, the worse the performance, not only for your mobile device but also for the entire Wi-Fi network. By implementing a Wi-Fi MESH solution that increases the coverage area, you automatically increase the quality of the signal that your mobile devices will get and in turn, increases the Wi-Fi performance.
- Easy to deploy: Tenda’s MW series of MESH access points, available from MIRO, can be purchased in either a single pack or a three-pack, and up to 9 of these devices can be used to create a MESH Wi-Fi network. Simply plug one of the MESH units directly into your existing home router and use the Tenda Nova app available on Android and iOS. By following the prompts on the App, you will have your MESH network up and running in less than 5 minutes.
- Parental Controls: The Tenda Nova app also has built-in parental controls to give you peace of mind on what everyone is accessing on the Internet. You can set limits to the type of content as well as the time of day
We understand that not everyone is as familiar with WiFi Mesh as we are, that is why we have a dedicated technical support team that can assist and guide you on how to configure the App for your improved Wi-Fi connectivity experience.
To find out more about Tenda’s Nova range or to simply order yours online, please visit miro.co.za or get in touch with us for more information.