Why Lithium Batteries are the best choice for you
Ordinary batteries, such as the Valve Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) battery, carry a lower life cycle, resulting in quicker expiry. Their high sensitivity to extreme levels of factors, such as discharge rate and temperature, force the user to frequently replace them. Subjected to an average temperature of roughly 33 degrees Celsius, the battery’s life cycle would rapidly drop to 50% or more. This requires users to act extra carefully when handling batteries to ensure that their life cycle is prolonged.
Lithium batteries are high-energy-density batteries composed of cathodes, anodes, electrolytes and separators. These batteries are commonly used for cell phones, vehicles, aircrafts, home solar storage systems and off-grid installations.
The lithium option is advantageous because of the following:
- Efficiency: Lithium batteries are more efficient than lead-acid batteries. During transference of power from one form to another, batteries lose energy. With lithium batteries, the amount of energy lost falls below 8% while lead-acid batteries lose over 20% of energy.
- Charging: Lithium batteries charge quicker than acid-lead batteries, which can charge for about 3 to 4 hours. This saves your time and allows you to focus on your work than waiting for the battery to recharge.
- Capacity: More energy can be stored and discharged with lithium batteries because of their high energy density. This means that you can power more appliances and not worry about battery life running out.
- Life Cycle: Lithium batteries have a higher life cycle and are more resistant to intense discharge rates and temperatures that would easily damage a lead-acid battery.
- Depth of Discharge: This is the percentage of the battery’s energy that can be safely drained without damaging the battery itself. While lead-acid batteries should not be discharged past 50% because of the risks of damaging them, lithium batteries can use up over 80% of battery capacity in a single cycle, causing no damage. Therefore, lithium batteries have a higher effective capacity.
- Portability: Unlike lead-acid batteries that are accompanied by huge battery banks, the lithium battery is space-friendly and can be installed in not-so-enormous spaces. It also doesn’t require as much ventilation regulation as a lead-acid battery because it doesn’t emit heavy quantities of gases. Its innovative technology monitors any ventilation needs and notifies the user when necessary.
- Off-Grid system compatibility: They’re able to sustain low charge for prolonged amount of time with no problem whereby a lead-acid would have sulphated.
- Safety: Equipped with battery monitoring features to keep user aware of any irregular changes that might cause harm to the system.
MiRO distributes the Shoto Lithium Battery, a powerful device that is reliable, durable and easy to install in any new or existing telecommunication sites. The Shoto Lithium Battery is packed with high energy density, high charge and discharge currents, long battery life, increased efficiency, higher continual power availability, and wide operating temperature. This is ideal for WISPs who want to get ahead of the competition and achieve more with no disruptions.
Some other significant features include:
- Normal voltage of 48V
- Rated capacity of 100Ah
- Maximum charging current of 100A
- RS232/RS485 communication interface
- Cycle life of 3500 cycles
- Automatic cooling mechanism
Act now and get a Shoto Lithium Battery from MiRO. Visit one of our branches and talk to our friendly consultants.